In unit 4 we were assigned to attend a webinar. I had never participated in a webinar and it was a lot of fun. It's exciting to think that one can connect with others via the internet to discuss and participate in activities together.
There were some technical difficulties viewing the webinar. I thought the problem was on my end so I ran up and down 3 flights of stairs trying to get a connection on 2 different computers. I finally figured out after 10 long minutes that there was a violent storm at the facility that was hosting the webinar. Not my fault afterall. I learned from this not to immediately assume that I am at fault. Stuff happens, especially in respect to technology. Technology speeds us up but if can also slow us down long enough to fix, or wait out, a problem.
The webinar presenter was very sur of herself and did a nice job. I can honestly say that there are advantages to hearing a voice as compared to viewing the actual person. I was more intently tuned in to the presenter's voice nuances and the way she communicated rather than her outfit or body language. The webinar content wasn't what I would describe as spectacular but that didn't much matter to me. I got to experience the webinar and I thought at its conclusion, "with training and practive, I could do that." And sure enough, my team and I created our own webinar. Not a perfect webinar, but fine enough to a first try.
I love the new technology. It has so much promise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment